"Clean Hair or Clean Air" Assignment
Complete the analyzation of the article "Clean Hair or Clean Air"
Due Monday, Sep 9.
- Left-hand side of the article: Two pieces of information for EACH section.
- The Topic of that section - "Palm Oil Production," "Foods with Palm Oil," etc.
- A brief summary of the POINT of that section - "Palm Oil Production is bad for the environment," "Many different foods have palm oil in them," etc.
- Right-hand side of the article: Two pieces of information for each section.
- Details on the topic from the Left-hand side - "25,000 square miles of rainforest burned down," "Destroys habitat for many animals," etc
- What the author is doing, rhetorically, with this section of the article - "He is establishing ethos by mentioning his environmental journalism background," "The author appeals to the readers moral sense by mentioning different animals that are killed by palm oil production," etc"
- This is the hardest part of this assignment. It requires a full sentence, and NEEDS to say what the author is DOING. This means that it must have a VERB: shows, builds, reveals, establishes, appeals, etc.