Victoria West High School Powerlifting hosted 13 schools and 85 lifters at the Victoria West Bar Benders Bash Last Qualifier on Saturday.
VISD athletes from VEHS, VWHS, and our Special Olympics team showed their strength, with West taking the team championship title!
- Amber House and Brandon Rodriguez, both Special Olympics athletes from VEHS, participated
- 123 lb Wt. Class - Jeremiah Zelaya, 1st Place, 490 lb Squat, 235 lb Bench Press, 440 lb Deadlift
- Jeremiah received the Meet's "Best Lightweight Lifter" Award
- 198 lb Wt. Class - Jonathan Oviedo, 2nd Place, 640 lb Squat, 390 lb Bench Press, 475 lb Deadlift
- 220 lb Wt. Class - Darean Sauceda, 1st Place, 490 lb Squat, 340 lb Bench Press, 505 lb Deadlift
- 242 lb Wt. Class - Aaron Vasquez, 1st Place, 615 lb Squat, 390 lb Bench Press, 500 lb Deadlift
- 242 lb Wt. Class - Jack Carmona, 3rd Place, 600 lb Squat, 240 lb Bench Press, 510 lb Deadlift
West had over 20 lifters compete and 18 lifters finish in the top 5 in their respective weight classes.
Those lifters finishing in the top 3 include:
- Adrian Linares - 3rd in the 114s
- Gavin Muniz - 3rd in the 132s
- Landen Valdez - 148 pound champion
- Nathaniel Reyna - 3rd in the 165s
- Noah Martinez - 165 pound champion
- Jace Vasquez - 2nd in the 181s
- Seth O’Canas - 181 pound champion
- Caleb Smith - 3rd in the 220s
- Ruben Rios - 3rd in the 275s
- Noah Nelson - 275 pound champion