Stay up to Date
-Receive all the latest news from the Career and College Center by signing up for Ms. Bailey Koebrick's text message Reminder group.
-Text @currentdc to 81010 or text @currentdc to (361) 433-0371
Access your Pirate Portal:
- Once you have been registered for your course, you will need to access your Pirate Portal to see your schedule, make payments, access online portions of your course, access your email and other resources. Follow the steps below to access your student portal:
- Go to the Victoria College homepage (victoriacollege.edu) and click on "Pirate Portal" in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click "New users click here to setup account" > "New User. Get your username and password here if you are new student of employee".
- Complete the requested information.
- The system will then give you your V number (Student ID/ Username) and your password.
- You can now log in to Pirate Portal.
- Need help? Watch the Pirate Portal tutorial video here.
- For additional assistance with Pirate Portal, please contact the VC Help Desk at (361) 582-2509.
Purchase books, access codes and materials for your course:
- Not sure what you need? Visit the Victoria College Bookstore in person or online to order and/ or pick up your items.
- Bookstore Hours and Location -
- Located in the Victoria College Student Center Building
- Hours: Monday - Thursday (8:00am - 6:30pm) and Fridays (8:00am - 2:00pm)
- Bookstore Website and Textbook Lookup: Click Here!
- Additional Information: Click Here!
Get familiar with CANVAS:
- Students who have online courses will access their class through CANVAS which is located on the left-hand side of your Pirate Portal. In CANVAS you will see all course content related to your course. Students that have a face to face course with a virtual Friday may need to log on to CANVAS to complete assignments on these days. (The content posted for your course and assignments required for your course are at the full discretion of the instructor). Each course will have different content (videos, readings, lectures, etc.) that is specific to that course and that instructor.
Read your Syllabus:
- Each course will have a syllabus that outlines the rules and expectations of the course. Fully read the syllabus prior to beginning any course to learn about expectations, rules, required books and materials, assignments, test requirements, instructor office hours and other important information and resources related to the course.
Find and look over your schedule:
- Follow these steps to find your schedule Pirate Portal > My Class Schedule & Grades folder > My Class Schedule.
- Helpful Hints:
- Schedule Terminology - MW (Monday & Wednesday), TR (Tuesday & Thursday), F (Friday), TBA (Online Component)
- Buildings - Click on our campus map here to see what building your class is in.
Schedule your exams in advance at the testing center as required by your instructor(s):
- You can make your exam appointment with the VC Testing Center here.
For information on the Tutoring Center, click the following link:
For more Victoria College resources, click any of the following links: