Victoria East High School

Skip to main content

Financial Aid (FAFSA, federal, state and college aid)

Federal Financial Aid (FASFA) can include a combination of the following:
  • Grantsfinancial aid that doesn’t have to be repaid (unless, for example, you withdraw from school and owe a refund).
  • Work-StudyA federal student aid program that provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school to help pay your education expenses.
  • Loans borrowed money for college or career school; you must repay your loans, with interest.
The U.S. Department of Education awards more than $120 billion a year in grants, work-study funds, and loans to more than 13 million students. Federal student aid covers such expenses as tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. Aid also can help pay for other related expenses, such as a computer and dependent care. Start your application below!
Other Federal Financial Aid Options (non - FASFA) can include:
State Aid:
  • Even if you're not eligible for federal aid, you might be eligible for financial aid from your state. Contact your state grant agency for more information.
Aid from your College or Career School:
  • Many colleges offer financial aid from their own funds. Find out what might be available to you:
    • Visit your school’s financial aid page on its website, or ask someone in the financial aid office.
    • Ask at the department that offers your course of study; they might have a scholarship for students in your major.
    • Fill out any applications the school requires for its own aid, and meet the deadlines.