Victoria East High School (VEHS) Advanced Via Individual Determination (AVID) students donated to various organizations throughout the school year to meet the required community service hours.
Community service has looked a little different since COVID-19, but students pivoted without missing a beat. For the spring semester, students were required to complete 10 community service hours.
“VEHS AVID is truly blessed with amazing students in the program,” said Amanda Blaschke, VEHS AVID teacher. “I love seeing the students take advantage of opportunities to give back to their community in a variety of ways.”
AVID students' donations can be seen below.
- 150 community service hours completed for 2021-2022 by AVID students
- 512 pounds of food donated to The Food Bank of the Golden Crescent
- 19 cases of water donated to Victoria County Volunteer Fire Department and Quail Creek Volunteer Fire Department
- 36 fans donated to Victoria Christian Assistance Ministry (VCAM)
- 20 clothing items donated to VCAM
- 35 pet items donated to local animal shelters
- 50 packs of snacks and drinks donated to VEHS teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week
To learn more about the AVID program at Victoria ISD, visit www.VISD.net/avid.